CC-505 with Chase credit card downloads

gbronc
gbronc Member ✭✭
Been getting this error for two days, both before and after Quicken software update. Read this thread that claims that Chase has resolved the issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890198/new-3-11-21-you-may-experience-an-error-adding-or-updating-accounts

In my case, this issue is not resolved. It has worked fine on my accounts both days. The CC-505 is only happening on my wife's accounts at Chase.

Deactivating and Re-activating service has made no difference either.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @gbronc @Davis Grant @mjxm and @flagholder

I can't say for sure - so please take this only as a possibility - but many other users are having similar download issues due to the large number of government stimulus payments that are hitting the banks this week.  Many banks have throttled back on the ability of customers to access their accounts through the web.  Chase is on the list of such banks.  Here's a LINK to more information that MAY help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• David Grant
    David Grant Member ✭✭
    Same here. Can't update Chase Credit Card
  • mjxm
    mjxm Member ✭✭✭
    Ditto.
  • flagholder
    flagholder Member ✭✭✭
    same here
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @gbronc @Davis Grant @mjxm and @flagholder

I can't say for sure - so please take this only as a possibility - but many other users are having similar download issues due to the large number of government stimulus payments that are hitting the banks this week.  Many banks have throttled back on the ability of customers to access their accounts through the web.  Chase is on the list of such banks.  Here's a LINK to more information that MAY help.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I personally have my Chase savings account and two credit cards setup for Direct Connect, and since this a direct connection between Quicken and Chase it isn't subject to "blocking aggregators" like Express Web Connect/Intuit.  The result is I haven't seen in such problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris_QPW

Agreed.  I have been suggesting that same thing to those posters who are using Express Web Connect, but mostly they just don't like not being able to download - even though it is not  Quicken issue.

Frankx

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I notice from a similar thread on the Mac side they also have the wrong impression about the fees.  They think that Chase charges $10 a month for Direct Connect, when in fact they don't charge that for personal accounts, only business accounts.

As a side note it is interesting that people don't consider it worth $10 a month to have error free downloads.  Instead they rather have this "free" system that they can complain about.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Eagle
    Eagle Member ✭✭
    So, I haven't been able to make connections for a week or so.
    I still haven't found a good explanation of CC-505.
    Too busy is not cutting it now.
    Does it have to do with UserID/Password issues?
    Someone must have a definitive answer, Right?!!

Bob
    Quicken Subscription
    Windows 10
    Citi Costco Card
    Thanks for listening ...
    Bob
    Win10 Home
    Quicken 2020 Subscription
This discussion has been closed.