Quicken won't upgrade from R31.20 to R32.10

Options
Laserjock
Laserjock Member ✭✭
Been running quicken "forever" and now running Quicken for Windows on windows 7. Been running great for a year on this p.c. and always updated correctly. Currently running R31.20, but was just notified that R32.1 has just been released. It won't download or install on my p.c. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Error messages?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Laserjock said:  Currently running R31.20, but was just notified that R32.10 has just been released. It won't download or install on my pc.
    yeah - what does that mean - please clarify or explain with details

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that R32.1 is in "staged release mode/paused".  In this mode a person might get a notification that there is an update only to find that when they go to get it, the automatic updates have been "paused" because the limit of the number of users to get it in this mode has been reached.  If you want the patch you can use the link @miklk gave or wait until it is released to everyone.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken says update available and when I tell it to update, the download seems to start then box opens and it says Quick has stopped working. I'm given 2 choices: "Check online for a solution and close the program" or "Close the program". In both instances Quicken has closed itself so I'm back to where I started and can run it as R31.20. Hope this helps a bit. It also has a "Problem details" dropdown that lists the problem event name (CLR20r3) and then multiple "problem signatures". I'm now downloading the mondo patch to see if that will resolve the issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Laserjock said:
    Quicken says update available and when I tell it to update, the download seems to start then box opens and it says Quick has stopped working. I'm given 2 choices: "Check online for a solution and close the program" or "Close the program".
    Basically that means Quicken crashed for some reason.  The first try at fixing it would be to download and install the Mondo patch, so you are on the right path.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW - I just saw your post (It arrived as I was typing mine above.). Thanks for the advice and I am now downloading the mondo patch.
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to all for the advice. I downloaded and ran the Mondo patch and it installed R32.10 and I'm running fine again.