R31.5 "How do I" link to help files in Lifetime Planner does not work

Ref image.

In LTP, when clicking on either Change Assumptions or Explore What ifs button, the How do I link does not take you to the in-app help file - Clicking on it does nothing.  Appears to have broken when updating to R31.5

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Scooterlam

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, I see the same behavior in the current R31.6 as well.

I will go ahead and get this reported and provide an update as soon as an official bug ticket has been opened.

UPDATE: 

An official bug ticket has been opened for this issue!

CTP-1569

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • crbuckjr
    crbuckjr Member
    I use Windows Premier Quicken. I can’t find the Lifetime Planner. The Planning tab doesn’t show up across the top. Please help. Thx
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    crbuckjr said:
    I use Windows Premier Quicken. I can’t find the Lifetime Planner. The Planning tab doesn’t show up across the top. Please help. Thx
    Select View -> Tabs to show -> Planning
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Scooterlam

The team released a data patch for recently reported issues and asked if you are still experiencing this behavior today?

I tested in my personal file and it still occurs for me, so I just wanted to double-check with you. 

Please let me know, thank you

Sarah
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Scooterlam

The team released a data patch for recently reported issues and asked if you are still experiencing this behavior today?

I tested in my personal file and it still occurs for me, so I just wanted to double-check with you. 

Sarah
    I think it is important to let people know that data patches come in when the user starts Quicken, so some people need to be told to restart Quicken.
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a "data patch"?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, see this problem too, and the "data patch" didn't change it.
    I went back to R30.21 and that option didn't even exist back then.

I suspect they never put in the right code to pull up the URL.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is a "data patch"?
    It is the system that they push out changes like the financial institution information and the "ads" and such.
    Signature:
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Hi @Scooterlam

Sarah
    Yes, @Quicken Sarah, still having the same problem as originally described.  
  • Quicken Sarah
    Thanks for confirming, I'll update the team :)
  • Scooterlam
    Still broken as of 827am CST.
  • Scooterlam
    @Quicken Sarah  Still broken.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Scooterlam

A fix for this issue is included in the R32.10 release that went into staged release this morning.

If you have not yet installed this release and would not like to wait for it be available to all Users, the Mondo Patch is available to download and install from here.

Once installed, please let us know if you continue to experience issues accessing the How Do I help link in the Lifetime Planner.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Scooterlam
    @Quicken Sarah  With R32.10, the "How do I" link illustrated in the OP is working. 

HOWEVER
    , the "How do I" link in the Plan Summary window remains broken.  So, that remains to be fixed among other possible instances of "How Do I" in LTP....

• Scooterlam
    Another instance where the How Do I Link is broken in LTP.  In LTP, click on an event list item to spawn the assumption/edit window. 

• Scooterlam
    edited August 2021
    @Quicken Sarah

The Lifetime Planner "How do I?"  links illustrated in my Mar 16 post are still broken, some 10 product updates later!   Yes, the original reported broken links were fixed from the OP, but these "broken windows" still are not fixed.   Can you validate and submit a ticket?  I've reported a problem in-app.
This discussion has been closed.