Quicken stopped updating transactions for L.L.Bean Mastercard. MC says Qkn problem!

Options
Karen Davidson
Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
What changed in Qkn to cause several banks and credit cards to stop updating to my desktop Qkn register? Going on for a month. Becoming critical. Has Qkn discontinued the option that saved so much manual keying in of receipts?? If so, please say so.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    As it appears to me:
    • LL Bean changed their credit card from Visa to MC.
    • To accommodate this change, they set up a new website for it.
    • LL Bean had responsibility to notify Intuit (the aggregator and owner of the FI List).
    • Intuit had responsibility to update the FI List so that Quicken can connect with the new website and download from it.
    Following is the data from fidir.txt showing what is currently in the FI List.:
    59754    L.L.Bean Mastercard    https://www.llbeanvisa.com/    NA    https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_LLBEAN#signon    ACTIVE                   CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    The URL in bold indicates that Intuit perhaps did not complete making the necessary FI List updates.
    The URL in italics does take you to the LL Bean Mastercard website but for some reason it does not allow for Quicken to connect to it.
    To me it looks like someone at Intuit started to update the FI List listing but never finished the job.
    In this kind of situation the only thing you can do to get this issue fixed is to contact Quicken Support.  The Quicken Team will need to request Intuit to get the FI List corrected with the new information for the LL Bean MC.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry Boatnmaniac. I called Quicken on phone and talked to man named "Louis"? He had me check some settings and create a new test datafile. I didn't take notes, but here's what I recall:

First, he had me create a new file and test if LLB-MC downloaded transactions from the web. It did.

Unfortunately, it still would not download into my regular Quicken data file.

We deactivated the account link and reactivated it (online services under Acct. details), but it still didn't bring the transactions into my real Quicken data file.

Louis told me to erase the account name and account number (edit the account details). Leaving those two lines blank, went back to re-activate (link?) the L.L.Bean Mastercard account. But, this time, on the far right side of the screen, I scrolled down one line and chose to link it to an existing account. That worked!

Thank you to everyone for tips and hints and final resolution by suggesting I call Quicken WHEN THEY WERE OPEN! :-)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    No need to apologize, Karen Davidson .  What I'd posted was simply what I had observed.  While it wasn't the cause of your connection issue, it is still an accurate observation because the FI List listing still does need to be corrected (replace the LL Bean Visa link with a LL Bean MC link) and the only way to get that done is to contact Quicken Support.  It also prompted you to contact Quicken Support to resolve your connection issue so it served it's purpose.  And, I'm really happy to hear that your connection issue is now resolved.
    FYI:  Whenever deactivate/reactivate is used to correct for a connection problem I usually recommend deleting the Financial Institution Information from the upper right quadrant of the General tab of Account Details before trying to reactivate.  It doesn't always need to be done but it does whenever there is an account number change, a brand change or the Financial Institution changes what information is needed in that upper right quadrant.

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Sorry you're having difficulty with your download. I noticed you were having this problem since your post March 10th. It'd probably be faster to contact Quicken.com/Support so they can review your log files and troubleshoot if needed.

But if you want to troubleshoot here, I'll be glad to help. Press Control-Alt-U and do an update on the account. Do you see an error message? If it's a CC-501 and its gone on this long, certainly contact Quicken Support chat or phone.

wags Glad to be here!

• LOH
    LOH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem.
  • Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Studpup, but Contact Support doesn't seem to be available when I'm working on problem. There is no error message when I press Cont-Alt-U. In early March, however, I did get one error msj, and it said: CC-501 Unable to update because of error on Qkn server. See FAQ. Error when using Online Services, call 650-250-1900.

Another clue might be that Qkn is hanging onto LLBean's OLD credit card web address, which used to be Visa. I have changed L.L.Bean Mastercard to web address www.L.L.Bean Mastercard everywhere I can. The register acct has the correct address, contact numbers are correct, but every time I start a new update or try to schedule one, the bank dropdown list or website shows as L.L.Bean VISA in the link. Of course, that's not a good link anymore; I just can't find a place or source to correct it.

I have unlinked and re-linked the Mastercard account. I have put it on auto-update, and taken it OFF auto-update.

I've used One Step Update Setting for just the ONE singular LLBean Mastercard AND as part of a larger group.

I've waited, as suggested, 24 hours between update attempts. Same ole-same ole. I also do not believe this is the result of stimulus checks as Quicken mentions somewhere.

I liked the UNIMPROVED website connect better than this one. This one takes DAYS and still isn't done. I don't mind putting in a password. Can I roll back this horrible "improvement?"

Thank you if you can get me one step closer to the old Quicken that worked.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To clarify -
    1 - What version - .... Help --> About Quicken
    2 - What bank issues the LLB MC card ?
    3 - What online website URL do you log into to see your LLB MC transactions ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. Quicken Deluxe membership, Version R32.10, Build 27.1.32.10, Windows 10 Enterprise. Contact Quicken Support: 650-250-1900
    2. Citibank
    3A. entering: http://www.llbeanmastercard.com
    3B. opens: https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    As it appears to me:
    • LL Bean changed their credit card from Visa to MC.
    • To accommodate this change, they set up a new website for it.
    • LL Bean had responsibility to notify Intuit (the aggregator and owner of the FI List).
    • Intuit had responsibility to update the FI List so that Quicken can connect with the new website and download from it.
    Following is the data from fidir.txt showing what is currently in the FI List.:
    59754    L.L.Bean Mastercard    https://www.llbeanvisa.com/    NA    https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_LLBEAN#signon    ACTIVE                   CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    The URL in bold indicates that Intuit perhaps did not complete making the necessary FI List updates.
    The URL in italics does take you to the LL Bean Mastercard website but for some reason it does not allow for Quicken to connect to it.
    To me it looks like someone at Intuit started to update the FI List listing but never finished the job.
    In this kind of situation the only thing you can do to get this issue fixed is to contact Quicken Support.  The Quicken Team will need to request Intuit to get the FI List corrected with the new information for the LL Bean MC.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boatnmaniac said:
    59754    L.L.Bean Mastercard    https://www.llbeanvisa.com/    NA    https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_LLBEAN#signon    ACTIVE                   CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

I thought the first URL was just for info purposes, along with 800 number, etc -
    and the 2nd URL was the actual one used for the data connection

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry Boatnmaniac. I called Quicken on phone and talked to man named "Louis"? He had me check some settings and create a new test datafile. I didn't take notes, but here's what I recall:

First, he had me create a new file and test if LLB-MC downloaded transactions from the web. It did.

Unfortunately, it still would not download into my regular Quicken data file.

We deactivated the account link and reactivated it (online services under Acct. details), but it still didn't bring the transactions into my real Quicken data file.

Louis told me to erase the account name and account number (edit the account details). Leaving those two lines blank, went back to re-activate (link?) the L.L.Bean Mastercard account. But, this time, on the far right side of the screen, I scrolled down one line and chose to link it to an existing account. That worked!

Thank you to everyone for tips and hints and final resolution by suggesting I call Quicken WHEN THEY WERE OPEN! :-)
  • Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Forgot to mention, even though downloads (updates) are working, LLBean VISA is still showing as the web address under the account named LLBean MASTERCARD. It seems to me that the address should be corrected, but I don't know who should do it.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    No need to apologize, Karen Davidson .  What I'd posted was simply what I had observed.  While it wasn't the cause of your connection issue, it is still an accurate observation because the FI List listing still does need to be corrected (replace the LL Bean Visa link with a LL Bean MC link) and the only way to get that done is to contact Quicken Support.  It also prompted you to contact Quicken Support to resolve your connection issue so it served it's purpose.  And, I'm really happy to hear that your connection issue is now resolved.
    FYI:  Whenever deactivate/reactivate is used to correct for a connection problem I usually recommend deleting the Financial Institution Information from the upper right quadrant of the General tab of Account Details before trying to reactivate.  It doesn't always need to be done but it does whenever there is an account number change, a brand change or the Financial Institution changes what information is needed in that upper right quadrant.

• Karen Davidson
    Karen Davidson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help! Just happy it works and I found support.
This discussion has been closed.