After updating to latest update, Quicken doesn't recognize my Vault password anymore

I updated Quicken today and now it tells me that my Vault password doesn't match the stored password anymore. What can I do to fix it?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @obsidianjg

Glad to hear that you were able to restore the backup and move forward.  However, as a precaution, it might be a good idea to validate your Quicken data file, just in case there is some corruption that may have cause the password problem.  Here is a LINK on how to perform the validate (and supervalidate) procedures.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had same problem with my Quicken data file password. I had to reset it!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @obsidianjg

thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • obsidianjg
    obsidianjg Member ✭✭
    It would be very tedious to have to re-create the vault.
    Luckily, I had a back-up from my last session. After restoring the backup the password started working again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @obsidianjg

Glad to hear that you were able to restore the backup and move forward.  However, as a precaution, it might be a good idea to validate your Quicken data file, just in case there is some corruption that may have cause the password problem.  Here is a LINK on how to perform the validate (and supervalidate) procedures.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.