How do I access data from over 10 years ago (investments) if I no longer have the Deluxe version?

How do I access data from over 10 years ago (investments) if I no longer have the Deluxe version?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken do you have?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • msiberia
    msiberia Member
    Deluxe 2020 - R31.20
  • msiberia
    msiberia Member
    I haven't tracked investments for over 10 years, but don't want to lose the data. I no longer need Deluxe and wanted to change to the cheaper Starter Quicken.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    msiberia said:
    I haven't tracked investments for over 10 years, but don't want to lose the data. I no longer need Deluxe and wanted to change to the cheaper Starter Quicken.
    At times during the year the Retail Price for Quicken Deluxe is cheaper than the Starter Edition, because the Starter Edition never gets discounted.

See the Comparison between Starter and Deluxe:  https://www.quicken.com/compare

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @thecreator that you're better off looking for a copy of Quicken Deluxe from a 3rd party. Also, your data becomes Read Only if your Starter subscription expires.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the record, converting from Deluxe to Starter doesn't delete the investment data, it becomes read-only.  On the other hand you lose access to any reports/views that would make that data useful.

The Starter version has tons of limitations that aren't captured in the simple marketing table, it almost never a good idea to buy this edition.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's face it - the Starter version is exactly that. 

It is meant for someone who hasn't used Quicken before and wants to try it out to see if it might fit their needs.  It is an inexpensive way to learn about personal financial software and especially for younger folks - a way to learn how to track their income, spending, account balances, etc.

It is different from a lot of the mobile apps that are widely available today because it is a desktop app that also interfaces with, and meets the needs of, today's mobile app user. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.