SS income reminder - how to setup 4th Wednesday of every month

How do I create an income reminder on the calendar for SS at every nth Wednesday of the month?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    The trick is to know that if you select 1 through 4 on the month selection, you can change the last pulldown to a day of the week instead of just having a day of the month selection.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Alan Devan

1) Go to the "Bills & Income" tab.
    2) On the top-left - make sure "View as" is set to "Calendar";
    3) On the top-right - Click on the "Add" button and then "Income Reminder" in the drop-down menu;
    4) In the "From" box start type in "Social Security"  (if you already have that as an income source it should auto-complete);
    5) Click "Next" and you'll see the following:

Fill in all the pertinent information in the fields - and don't forget the optional settings.

6) Click "Done" and that should do it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    The trick is to know that if you select 1 through 4 on the month selection, you can change the last pulldown to a day of the week instead of just having a day of the month selection.

Signature:
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Alan Devan

1) Go to the "Bills & Income" tab.
    2) On the top-left - make sure "View as" is set to "Calendar";
    3) On the top-right - Click on the "Add" button and then "Income Reminder" in the drop-down menu;
    4) In the "From" box start type in "Social Security"  (if you already have that as an income source it should auto-complete);
    5) Click "Next" and you'll see the following:

Fill in all the pertinent information in the fields - and don't forget the optional settings.

6) Click "Done" and that should do it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Alan Devan
    Alan Devan Member ✭✭
    That did the trick. For some reason I didn't see how to change it to the 4th Wednesday of the month until follow the instructions from you all.

Thanks a bunch!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That did the trick. For some reason I didn't see how to change it to the 4th Wednesday of the month until follow the instructions from you all.

Thanks a bunch!!
    It surprised me too the first time someone pointed it out.  When you start out the day selected is the current date, and unless you are lucky enough to do it on a 1st through the 4th you will never see the day of the week selection (just "Day" that you can't change).  And it is certainly not obvious that selecting one through 4 is going to magically make it appear.
    Signature:
  • jlbergie
    jlbergie Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW I have been trying to figure out how to do the 4th Wednesday ever since I started getting SSI, Thanks for showing exactly how to do it. JB
This discussion has been closed.