Can't stop Wells Fargo from trying to connect

BBCT
BBCT Member ✭✭
My Wells Fargo Amex card was recently compromised. WF cancelled it and issued me a new one. Since then, I have been unable to connect my account for download. Quicken keeps asking me to set up a new WF connection, every time I do an update.

I finally gave up and deactivated it from One Step Update entirely, but no luck: every time I do an update, Wells Fargo tries to set itself up.

Don't know where to go from here.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BBCT

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would deactivate all of the Wells Fargo accounts and remove the bank name listed under the financial institution in the account details screen.

Confirm that you have Deactivated all online services with all accounts held at that Bank.

1. Use Ctrl + A to bring up the Accounts List.
    2. View Hidden Accounts by selecting the Hidden Accounts to check box in the lower-left corner of the Accounts List window.
    3. Make sure the Online Services, Transaction Download, and/or Online Payment fields are NO or DEACTIVATED for the desired account(s).

Edit the Deactivated account(s) to remove the Bank name.

1. Click on the account displayed on the Accounts List.
    2. Choose the Edit Details button on the account.
    3. Clear the Financial Institution field on the right side of the window.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Repeat, as necessary, for each Deactivated/Disabled account for that Bank.
    6. Confirm that the Bank name no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.
    To reactivate the accounts, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • BBCT
    BBCT Member ✭✭
    None of what you suggested worked. What DID work was switching back to FDS for my Quicken connection channel.

The QCS channel continues to be buggy and a source of endless problems and frustration.
This discussion has been closed.