One Step Update: Loan Acct changed to "Paid Off"

Options
After two days getting a communications error that Quicken cannot establish (direct connect) connection with Bank. Once the Bank had corrected their server downtime, I needed to deactivate all accts, related to that bank, and then reconnect. Every Q account recovered except one, a liability acct with Balance more than 0, but now Q is showing the loan acct is "paid off" and I have no ability to see the actual register and any transactions. I have tried to reconnect a couple of times with no change. I don't want to just close the acct or make it an exception in reports. I am thinking that I can reload a prior back up Q file, but would like to ask community for other possible options

Me: Win10 Ver. 20H2 Build: 19042.867
Quicken Deluxe Ver. R32.10 Build: 27.1.32.10

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @ Robert Sheran

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The register is unavailable for a loan account once it has been connected for transaction download. Is it possible that this account was tracked manually before?

If you want to remain in this file, instead of deactivating and reactivating the same account, you can try to add a loan account new. I would first deactivate the existing account. I would then select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then ADD the account to create a new account. If this account has the correct information, I would then hide or remove the previous account

If this does not correct the issue, I would then restore a backup and see if that corrects the issue.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Robert Sheran
    Robert Sheran Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand, I have been tracking transactions in this account for long time using One Step's Direct Connect with my bank with out issue. Even if the loan was paid off (and it isn't) I should still be able to display the historical transactions in the acct register as I have always been able to do. The account is not closed and the register should still be available to open.
This discussion has been closed.