OK to downgrade from H&B to Premier subscription?

Options
rjsattler
rjsattler Member ✭✭
I currently use the 2020 H&B subscription. I no longer need the Business or Rental Property functions in the H&B version and would like to save a few bucks by downgrading to the Premier version. Am I going to have any issues with the data file? Is Intuit going to allow me to do this with the subscription?
Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @rjsattler,

To answer your questions:

You will not have any problems with your Quicken data file in connection with a move from H&B to Premier.

Yes, Quicken allows this.  You will need to go into your Quicken account and simply switch the "tier" from H&B+R to Premier.  As you know the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R, your current subscription will get extended for some time frame, because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R.  If you have any problems or questions when you go to make the change, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support using this LINK, and they will be happy to help you.

Frankx

[edited for typo]

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Frankx said:
    ... Because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R, your current subscription will get extended for some time frame, because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R.  
    Not to be contrary but the current support guidance indicates the following:
    • A downgrade does not prorate. The current membership plan will expire on the original expiration date and the new downgraded plan will begin after that. 
    It seems to me that the guidance has been updated recently and past experience may not represent what currently happens.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @rjsattler,

To answer your questions:

You will not have any problems with your Quicken data file in connection with a move from H&B to Premier.

Yes, Quicken allows this.  You will need to go into your Quicken account and simply switch the "tier" from H&B+R to Premier.  As you know the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R, your current subscription will get extended for some time frame, because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R.  If you have any problems or questions when you go to make the change, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support using this LINK, and they will be happy to help you.

Frankx

[edited for typo]

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Frankx said:
    ... Because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R, your current subscription will get extended for some time frame, because the cost of Premier is less than H&B+R.  
    Not to be contrary but the current support guidance indicates the following:
    • A downgrade does not prorate. The current membership plan will expire on the original expiration date and the new downgraded plan will begin after that. 
    It seems to me that the guidance has been updated recently and past experience may not represent what currently happens.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

This discussion has been closed.