Why can't I get a reconciliation summary with Mac Quicken. .

gnvdaniels
gnvdaniels Member
I was using windows quicken and it gave me this report. Why want Mac version give me the reconciliation summary?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @gnvdaniels  There is an Idea thread on this site for the request to add a reconciliation report to Quicken Mac; you can view it here and add your vote (click the little gray arrow under the vote counter in the blue box which is under the first post). That topic is marked "Under Consideration", which means it has the critical mass to be put on the table with the product development teams, but not decision has been made about putting this on the development roadmap yet. More votes for ideas like this can help give ideas like this an extra push.

The problem is not that this request, or other requests are good or not-good ideas; it's that all the hundreds of feature requests from users are competing for precious time from the developers. The Quicken Mac development team can only work on a few things at a time, and so they are constantly prioritizing which requests to tackle in what order.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2021
    The Reconcile window  itself has a Print button at the bottom of it.  You can get a PDF or printed report there before completing/saving the reconciliation.  But, once the reconciliation is completed, there is no way to get a report corresponding to the reconciled transactions.   QWin and QMac are different products with different feature sets.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    @gnvdaniels  There is an Idea thread on this site for the request to add a reconciliation report to Quicken Mac; you can view it here and add your vote (click the little gray arrow under the vote counter in the blue box which is under the first post). That topic is marked "Under Consideration", which means it has the critical mass to be put on the table with the product development teams, but not decision has been made about putting this on the development roadmap yet. More votes for ideas like this can help give ideas like this an extra push.

The problem is not that this request, or other requests are good or not-good ideas; it's that all the hundreds of feature requests from users are competing for precious time from the developers. The Quicken Mac development team can only work on a few things at a time, and so they are constantly prioritizing which requests to tackle in what order.

• Witchery
    Witchery Member
    I hope it gets top attention, I'm trying Quicken Mac right now, after a few years of having Quicken Windows on my Mac via virtual machine. Reconciliation Reports are essential for my business.
  • imp88
    imp88 Member ✭✭
    I tried the Print button in the Reconcile window, as suggested by MontanaKarl. I don't know where the totals on the bottom come from; they don't match the actual figures. Further, a Reconciliation Report is a basic accounting tool and should be included in any bookkeeping program.
  • jacobs
    Are we talking about Quicken Mac? There is no Print button at the bottom of the Reconcile window, or anywhere on the Reconcile window. 

However, with the Reconcile window as your foreground window, you can select File > Print and print the transactions on that screen. This is not a true reconciliation report, as it's simply printing all the transactions in the Reconcile window. 

The totals at the bottom of the report will be the totals of all the transactions in the Reconcile window. If you've cleared every transaction, then the printed report totals will match the total Payments and Charges in the green bar on the Reconcile screen. But if you have some items which are not cleared, the printed report total still displays a total of all the transactions; you'll have to manually subtract the uncleared items if you want to keep the report as a record of your reconciliation.

As noted above, there is an Idea thread on this site for the request to add a true reconciliation report to Quicken Mac; you can view it here and add your vote (click the little gray arrow under the vote counter in the blue box which is under the first post).
This discussion has been closed.