Wrong acct showing

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
When I open the "All Transactions" light blue box just above my banking accounts list on the far left side then go to Filters>All Checking, I'm getting a Savings account showing up with my two Checking accounts. What needs to be done to get it back in the "All Savings" filter list?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chris_QPW said:
    I just checked it and it seems that @Sherlock's assumption that it is controlled by the Display Intent is wrong.  It looks like that view is going by the account type.  Which actually makes sense since is says "All Checking" and Intents are like Spending, Savings, ...

The account type is set when the account is created and can't be changed.  If the account was first setup by connecting online then the account type is determined by what the financial institution sent as the account type.  I think you could create a manual account with the right type and then disconnect the old old and link the online account to this new account, and then move the transactions that are missing from the old to the new one.  Note I haven't tested this, but I think it will work at lease for savings to checking, it might not work for changing for others like between a checking and a credit card account.
    @Chris_QPW You're correct.  I should've checked first.

I suppose another option is to use Custom...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the Savings account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Display Options tab, Savings in the Account intent pull-down menu, and OK.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It was set correctly, but I reset it, exited Quicken, rebooted PC, but that Premier Members CU savings account  still shows up in the filtered "Checking" accounts. Would you think it's a CU or Qkn problem? Thanks Sherlock, I wasn't aware of that setting!
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    In another post I talked about my transaction transfers getting posted to wrong account through Quicken. I was sure that this would be the problem, but-not!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked it and it seems that @Sherlock's assumption that it is controlled by the Display Intent is wrong.  It looks like that view is going by the account type.  Which actually makes sense since is says "All Checking" and Intents are like Spending, Savings, ...

The account type is set when the account is created and can't be changed.  If the account was first setup by connecting online then the account type is determined by what the financial institution sent as the account type.  I think you could create a manual account with the right type and then disconnect the old old and link the online account to this new account, and then move the transactions that are missing from the old to the new one.  Note I haven't tested this, but I think it will work at lease for savings to checking, it might not work for changing for others like between a checking and a credit card account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I hear what you're saying and it makes sense, however since I have over 13k transaction going back to 2005 in my checking account, the risk factor is too high for me. It's an inconvenience that I'd like to fix, but I can live with it the way it is as opposed to creating a larger issue. One of these days I'll try calling support. It's a corruption issue and I doubt they can do anything to fix it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chris_QPW said:

@Chris_QPW You're correct.  I should've checked first.

I suppose another option is to use Custom...
This discussion has been closed.