How to find the status of scheduled Bill Pay after losing 6 weeks of data

Options
tom15
tom15 Member ✭✭✭
2 days ago I went to launch Quicken and it hung. Upon troubleshooting with tech support, I discovered the only backup file I was able to open after a restore was from 6 weeks ago. All backup files created since that point exhibited the same problem of not being able to open the file and hanging indefinitely with high CPU and ever increasing file size. 2 questions, Support seems to think there is no way to fix the file and I will need to use the 6 week old file, if so how can I check the status of both Check Pay and Quick Pay transactions? Secondly, is there any other method to try and resolve the "data corruption" issue? Losing 6 weeks of data is bad enough but not knowing what bills were scheduled is even a bigger pain.
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you might have a run-away scheduled transaction.  You could try to set the date in your computer to a few weeks back and then open your previous data file that was failing.  Setting the date back will fool Quicken into not firing off the reminder.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tom15
    tom15 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You were absolutely correct. I was able to hold ctrl-shft down when trying to open and was able to get the latest file opened. I then saw over 10000 copies of the same transaction. I have deleted them and supervalidated, I will see if that corrects the issue. Funny.. several wasted hours on the phone with support and they never suggested this.... What causes a "runaway transaction"?

Thanks
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tom15 said:
    .... What causes a "runaway transaction"?

Thanks
    I don't have the foggiest idea of why, but just that it happens sometimes.  The give-away in your problem description of "hanging indefinitely with high CPU and ever increasing file size" which doesn't happen very often and evidently isn't in the troubleshooting scripts that tech support uses.
    Glad it fixed your issue.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem seems to happen most often with reminders that use the estimated tax frequency. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.