How do I create a security detail report?

MHMarx
MHMarx Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
In Quicken 2017 I had an investment account with various securities. I could select "security detail" and see all the activity for that security and only that security. I could then print a transaction report for this selected security showing date, action (buy, sell, reinvest dividend, etc), shares, price, amount, and total shares. In other words, a complete history/detail report for that specific security. I can't see how to do this in Quicken Deluxe v 6.1.1.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Was this in Quicken Mac 2017? I don't think anything has been taken away, but I don't recall such a report then or now. I just fired up my old Quicken 2017 and can't figure out what you're describing.

You can click on an account, or all Investing (if you hold the same security on more than one account) in the left sidebar, and click on the Transactions Tab. Make sure the Security/Payee column or Security column is visible, along with Shares, Invest Amount, and Amount. Then enter the security name in the Search box (or Control-Click on any transaction for this security, and select "Find [security name]" from the pop-up menu). This will give you a register of all the transactions for this security -- Buy, Sell, Dividends, Splits, or whatever. I don't know if this report is what you're looking for, but it does show shares transacted in the Shares column, and the prices for those transactions in the description column. (But as I said, I don't know what more you could have done in Quicken Mac 2017, either.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Was this in Quicken Mac 2017? I don't think anything has been taken away, but I don't recall such a report then or now. I just fired up my old Quicken 2017 and can't figure out what you're describing.

You can click on an account, or all Investing (if you hold the same security on more than one account) in the left sidebar, and click on the Transactions Tab. Make sure the Security/Payee column or Security column is visible, along with Shares, Invest Amount, and Amount. Then enter the security name in the Search box (or Control-Click on any transaction for this security, and select "Find [security name]" from the pop-up menu). This will give you a register of all the transactions for this security -- Buy, Sell, Dividends, Splits, or whatever. I don't know if this report is what you're looking for, but it does show shares transacted in the Shares column, and the prices for those transactions in the description column. (But as I said, I don't know what more you could have done in Quicken Mac 2017, either.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MHMarx
    MHMarx Member
    Thanks. This does create pretty much the same report, but it is a lot of customizing. In earlier versions the menu selection "security details", select the security of interest, print report, was a lot easier.
This discussion has been closed.