References for Quicken in the Mac Keychain

Rick2022
Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
Since this has to do with Passwords, I thought this section would be the most suited for my question.  I have the following references in my Keychain.  Are all of these still needed?  Or just the ones with the most recent dates?  And FWIW, I do not store anything in the Quicken Cloud (i.e. don't use the mobile app).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
Tagged:

Best Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Of the keychain application entries that you list, I only have the first one, the Quicken app password, so I would assume that the others could be deleted.

But, I also have an entry for each financial institution that QMac connects to for transaction downloads.  Those keychain entry names are of the form "Quicken password for customer <userID> at <financial institution>".  They're required for downloads as far as I know.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To add another data point, I have the application password entry for current and past versions of Quicken. (I'm not sure what that stores, since I don't have any Quicken passwords; I'd guessing it stores the Quicken ID login and password, even though I thought that was associated with each data file.)

I do not have the Quicken ID Manager entries, nor the Quicken Cloud entries. Since all of your entries are from 2014 and 2015, that was in the Intuit era, and I wonder if you tried anything with the mobile app back then.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Of the keychain application entries that you list, I only have the first one, the Quicken app password, so I would assume that the others could be deleted.

But, I also have an entry for each financial institution that QMac connects to for transaction downloads.  Those keychain entry names are of the form "Quicken password for customer <userID> at <financial institution>".  They're required for downloads as far as I know.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  I wonder what these are for and why I have them.  I do have the others you mentioned regarding transaction downloads and they are required for downloads.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To add another data point, I have the application password entry for current and past versions of Quicken. (I'm not sure what that stores, since I don't have any Quicken passwords; I'd guessing it stores the Quicken ID login and password, even though I thought that was associated with each data file.)

I do not have the Quicken ID Manager entries, nor the Quicken Cloud entries. Since all of your entries are from 2014 and 2015, that was in the Intuit era, and I wonder if you tried anything with the mobile app back then.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.