When downloading investments for Options getting bad data - shares vs contracts

When buy options 1 Option is worth 100 shares. Quicken is making it 100 shares vs the 1 contract that controls them. Since just getting the account setup, it hasn't been consistent in its uploaded information. And for transaction types I see nothing for options specifically. But Buying and Selling is fine if we can get everything else to be consistent. These downloads are coming from Ally in QFX format. And viewing the download in Notepad, units is contracts or shares... like 1, 2 , or 3 etc. Not 100, 200, 300 etc.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @NomadDave

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @NomadDave

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If the information is incorrect in the QFX file, obtained from Ally's website. The financial institution would need to correct the issue with the files that are being exported.

Are you using the QFX options because you see the same issue when downloading automatically? If this option is available, I would try to connect and see if you get better results than from using the QFX.

Please let us know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • NomadDave
    NomadDave Member ✭✭
    > If the information is incorrect in the QFX file, obtained from Ally's website. The financial institution would need to correct the issue with the files that are being exported.

This information is correct in the QFX. What quicken does on import is incorrect.

> Are you using the QFX options because you see the same issue when downloading automatically? If this option is available, I would try to connect and see if you get better results than from using the QFX.

I am using the QFX option because that is all ALLY supports for the investment side. After trying multiple times and only getting my Savings account there added 3 times... (I eventually got those removed.) I talked to support at Ally and confirmed Direct connect is only for the bank side. Even though quicken has listing for both... all only find the bank accounts and not the investment accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @NomadDave

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • NomadDave
    NomadDave Member ✭✭
    Not sure how troubleshooting a design choice will help. From what I see, by design Quicken tracks options as 100 shares each and the price is divided accordingly. I can live with it, but it is different than all the brokerages I've dealt with for over 20 years.