I Shares

Daddy O
Daddy O Member
Anyone know how to add I Shares into investment securities so they update. I have added them manually and that is fine but I cant get quicken to find the stock symbol or name so that the program can do automatic price updates. Here are a few i am trying to add XIU, XRE, XSP, XDV, etc. Using Quicken 2020, Version R28.15, Build 27.1.28.15

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Daddy O and @bonnettd

With all due respect - these are not "Canadian funds" as was indicated above.  These are ishares - which encompass a ton of exchange-traded funds across numerous exchanges and countries, only a very small part of which are Canadian related companies. 

I cannot explain why this is the case, but all of these tickers appear readily when one searches on them with the US version of Quicken.  It seems as though you are having issues with the Canadian version, which I cannot test or explain.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Which Q product are you running, and what's the "Valid Thru" date of your program.  This info is at HELP, About Quicken.  Are you running Q US, or Q CDA?
    Also, are you sure that all are valid symbols?  At Fidelity.com, only XSP could be found.
    OR are these, perhaps, non-US securities?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Daddy O

Are those funds Canadian funds?  If so, have you added the exchange to each ticker symbol?  If not, please review the guidance located in this LINK.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Daddy O
    Daddy O Member
    Yes these are all Canadian Funds. Running Quicken Canada
  • bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    I was just going thru the same issues, I feel your pain.

XDV (for example) is there, just not easy to find. I started by trying "TSE:XDV" as you normally would and it couldn't figure it out - kept saying nothing found.
    What seemed to work in my case was to type in ishares (still nothing found) then I deleted each letter until it came up with something (anything). At that point click on the ETF tab at the top of the securities box and finish retyping "ishares". It managed to find the ones I was after and the ones you listed above, but it was a tedious process.

I'm thinking there is a glitch somewhere, but I did find them and was able to download price history etc. Also note one you can get it to display they show up with various prefix's (PTX / NLB and TSE), in the end you do want the one TSE:XDV etc
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Daddy O and @bonnettd

With all due respect - these are not "Canadian funds" as was indicated above.  These are ishares - which encompass a ton of exchange-traded funds across numerous exchanges and countries, only a very small part of which are Canadian related companies. 

I cannot explain why this is the case, but all of these tickers appear readily when one searches on them with the US version of Quicken.  It seems as though you are having issues with the Canadian version, which I cannot test or explain.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.