error message - out of range security reference - What does it mean?

out of range security reference What does it mean? how to fix?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @josborne3

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I believe it would be best to get a couple of screenshots would help us be able to figure out exactly what is happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note: you may need to drag the photos into the response box to add them. 

Once you get a chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• josborne3
    josborne3 Member ✭✭
    Following Quicken directions,I did the super validation because I keep getting an error message when I close Quicken telling me I have a payment to send. I don't. This message just started showing. I was able to located the supposed payment which was several years old, in a closed file and deleted it. Still got the message. Deleted the closed account. Still get the message.

Did another super validation. Got the response below. Still get the error message regarding the online payment to send.

Here is the screenshot:

[Wed Mar 31 14:48:30 2021]

File: "C:\Users\

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Mar 31 14:55:02 2021]
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.
  • Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    In response to that annoying "You have online payments to send" message when you try to exit Quicken:
    This happen to me a few years ago. Specifically with Wells Fargo Checking. I don't remember the resolution back then, however it happened again a few weeks ago and persists to this time. Although I don't have a solution, I may have insight as to the cause. Last time AND this time the problem started with checking the status of a payment (clicking the underlined word "Status" under the electronic check number) then clicking "Update Status" in the resulting dialog box. It's as though a flag is set and never cleared. Maybe Quicken technical support can look into this. Validate and Super Validate do not help with this problem.
  • josborne3
    josborne3 Member ✭✭
    As per Quicken Francisco's request, I sent a screen shot, but am still waiting for a response. If you need a different or additional screenshots, let me know what you specifically need a screenshot of and I will send it/them.
  • josborne3
    josborne3 Member ✭✭
    Took hours but I finally got it fixed. I restored a several week old backup file that contained the CD account I had deleted and where the bogus payment to send once resided. Then I performed a super validate and repair and there is no more irritating payment to send message.
This discussion has been closed.