extracting the file for just one account

Options
I have multiple accounts in my Quicken file. I would like to back up just one account to send to someone. How can I do this? Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't "back up" a single account (that process is all or nothing) but you can do FILE, File Export, QIF file.,.. which will allow you to export a single file account..
    Then, the other person can import that QIF file into an EMPTY account in their Q ... providing of course that their Q supports the particular account type that you're exporting (E.G., "Starter Edition" doesn't support many account types that the higher level products have)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't "back up" a single account (that process is all or nothing) but you can do FILE, File Export, QIF file.,.. which will allow you to export a single file account..
    Then, the other person can import that QIF file into an EMPTY account in their Q ... providing of course that their Q supports the particular account type that you're exporting (E.G., "Starter Edition" doesn't support many account types that the higher level products have)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• nedbrooks
    nedbrooks Member
    Options
    You da bomb!! Thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.