MikeJS
MikeJS Member ✭✭
cannot get download update on quicken 2017 - can log on to account and see

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mikejsr65

That error code is usually caused by an issue with the bank's server.  Lately, we've seen a number of banks throttling back on their traffic due to the stimulus checks, so your issue could be related to that.  Here's some additional information on this error code - LINK.

Unless this has been happening every time you try to connect for a while, I'd suggest that you wait and try again later this afternoon or evening.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mikejsr65

That error code is usually caused by an issue with the bank's server.  Lately, we've seen a number of banks throttling back on their traffic due to the stimulus checks, so your issue could be related to that.  Here's some additional information on this error code - LINK.

Unless this has been happening every time you try to connect for a while, I'd suggest that you wait and try again later this afternoon or evening.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MikeJS
    MikeJS Member ✭✭
    shortly after posting , issue resolved
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    OL-295-A Error on American Express downloads - two different logins from Windows 10 Home, R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10. Doesn't seem related to my specific accounts based on MikeJS reports.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here on H&B. Waiting to try again later.

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    OL-295-A error from American Express all day today (trying over 8 hour window) for multiple credit cards under two different Amex users.  Direct Connect fromQ Win Deluxe.   Amex web site has no issues.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Seems OK this morning -- "OL-295-A Error on American Express downloads -"
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Working again.
  • I'm seeing the same problem today 4/1.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the OL-295-A error today (4/1) as well.
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the OL-295-A error today (4/1) as well.
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's baaack again!!
  • i am receiving that same error today as well.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me. Back again.
  • LawyerMike
    LawyerMike Member
    AmEx swears the problem is with Quicken, Quicken swears the problem lies with AmEx, and here I am stuck in the middle! Very frustrating.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    I am receiving the Amex OL 295 error today.
  • SPM54
    SPM54 Member ✭✭
    OL-295-A error from American Express for 2 days now. Two credit cards under two different Amex user/login. Set up with Direct Connect from Quicken Win Deluxe R32.10. I can get to Amex web site with no issues.
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Seems OK this morning.
  • MontanaKarl
    AMEX OL-295-A error again today for all accounts / logins

• liuzzi1
    liuzzi1 Member ✭✭
    Working know for no reason
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    Seems sort of random. It failed last night for me about 10PM or so, then worked at 1AM and now is failing again at 1:43PM. I wonder if anyone at Quicken or AmEx is working on this or if they both think it's the other's fault.
  • mgmcotton
    mgmcotton Member
    I am receiving OL-295-A errors when trying to download data from American Express. I tried to Reset the Accounts but I get an error saying that "Quicken could not complete the account reset". Is there a problem with connecting to AMEX?
  • MontanaKarl
    edited April 2021
    Yes.  AMEX servers have been problematic for several days this week.  There's another thread with multiple people saying they're experiencing the same thing.  All you can do is wait a day or two, or try again at random times throughout the day.  Pretty frustrating.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20169239

• mike
    mike Member ✭✭
    Having same issue with OL-295-A error when trying to download from American Express. Can access the American Express website with no problem. Problem just started happening today. Last download was March 26 and had no problem (direct connect download).
  • MontanaKarl
    Just worked for me after getting the error 2 hours ago.  Like Wednesday, just have to keep trying.

• NormG85
    NormG85 Member ✭✭
    Logged on to Amex to download manually - no problem. Amex suggested I reset my account. That doesn't work - the Quicken freezes as it cannot connect to Amex server and I have ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Q Community.  Well, I'd like to join the chorus...I got an OL-295-A error when trying to update our AMEX account.  This is the first time for me.  If someone figures it out please post and in the meantime I'll just keep trying.  By the way, I use Direct Connect for AMEX.    
  • Bob A.
    Bob A. Member
    Having the same error since April 1. Hoped it was just April Fools day. Still not working. Premier Ver. 32.10 Build 27.1.32.10
  • gdlhou
    gdlhou Member ✭✭
    Experiencing the same issue when attempting to download American Express transactions: OL-295-A. "Your Financial Institution has rejected this transaction" for 3 days now.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning (again) Q Community.  Please allow me to provide an update from about four hours ago.  I just tried again and OSU (Direct Connect) worked perfectly.  For what it's worth, AMEX also updated my billing cycle which closed yesterday (2 April.) Could that have been the reason for my OL-295-A error?  I don't know but if I needed a reason for OSU not working four hours ago and suddenly working now a "billing cycle update" sure passes the common sense test.
This discussion has been closed.