When will the Costco Citi Visa download issue be resolved?

ptnic
ptnic Member ✭✭
My Mac Quicken will not link to CITI Bank Visa bank for downloading transactions. Getting error. Password works with bank directly.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using "Citi Cards" as the financial institution name.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Try using "Citi Cards" as the financial institution name.
    These days there is a bit more to it.  In the old days "Citi Cards" would always get you Direct Connect.  Now you have a choice of Direct Connect, but also Express Web Connect (Citibank is Express Web Connect only).  You need to go into the Advanced options and make sure that Direct Connect is being used.

What's more you have to authorized Quicken access on the Citi Cards website:
    Select the Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DanDan
    DanDan Member
    Thanks very much! I was wondering why I couldn't add access in the Citi online account. Computers need to be happy... Everything seems to be working again.
  • JWC
    JWC Member
    I too am using Mac Quicken and have lost the ability to sync my Costco credit card. I have used the Citi bank website to grant permission but my account still will not sync. I tried using the alternate bank name of Citi Cards and this failed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Having given permission on the Citi website, and using FI name "Citi Cards", make sure you're set up using Direct Connect rather than Quicken Connect:

Choosing Direct Connect
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Michael R
    Michael R Member ✭✭
    Adding Citi cards did it. Thanks so much that worked.
  • Aling51
    Aling51 Member
    It worked many thanks!
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    To add a little to Chris_QPW's April 2021 answer, have Quicken open in one window and log into CITICARDS.COM with your browser in another window. At the Citicards website, select your profile (outline of head) then More Settings, then Manage Desktop Apps. Click on the button to set up a 10 minute window to then login with Quicken to authorize the direct connect access [Removed - Inaccurate] then login with your CITI CARDS username and password. It should find your account and download your transactions. Again, you have 10 minutes to complete this process. Once done, logout of your browser session and you should be good to go.

Probably the most important point here is to use CITI CARDS rather than CITIBANK. IDK why, but it just won't work otherwise. [Removed - Inaccurate]

I hope this helps someone.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @all.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to add your voice to this discussion. I am happy to hear that these issues have been resolved. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this answer. If anybody has any further questions, please let us know as we are always happy to help! Thank you. 

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.