Is there no way to run a "missing checks" report in Quicken Mac?

Options
SP481
SP481 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I was recently forced (technical reasons) to switch from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. I'm very surprised and disappointed to see that there's no category of banking reports at all, and in particular no "missing checks" report that I can find.
Is there any way to run this report in Quicken Mac?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Got it. So, as mentioned above, there is no such report in Quicken Mac. But if I were looking for missing checks, here's how I'd do it:

Click on the account you want check (or the sub-group "Cash" if you want to select all such accounts) in the left sidebar. Make sure the Check # column is visible, and click on the Check # heading twice. That sorts the register in reverse check number order, with the most recent at the top and going down from there. You can set a date range if, say, you only want to look at the past year.  You can select all transactions with check numbers and print a report if you need one. It's not exactly what you're used to from Quicken Windows, but that should make it easy for you to find any missed checks over the time period you're looking at.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options
    As a longtime Quicken Mac user, I'm not familiar with the reports in Quicken Windows. What is a missing checks report? A report which shows only check numbers missing from a sequence? Checks in number order so you can see missing numbers?

There's no built-in report called "Missing Checks", but if you could explain what you're looking to do, we can offer advice on how to come closest.
  • SP481
    SP481 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the "Missing Checks" report in Quicken for Windows lists all checks that have been entered, and highlights any missing check numbers (either individual checks or missing ranges). It has been a feature in Quicken for Windows for many years.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Got it. So, as mentioned above, there is no such report in Quicken Mac. But if I were looking for missing checks, here's how I'd do it:

Click on the account you want check (or the sub-group "Cash" if you want to select all such accounts) in the left sidebar. Make sure the Check # column is visible, and click on the Check # heading twice. That sorts the register in reverse check number order, with the most recent at the top and going down from there. You can set a date range if, say, you only want to look at the past year.  You can select all transactions with check numbers and print a report if you need one. It's not exactly what you're used to from Quicken Windows, but that should make it easy for you to find any missed checks over the time period you're looking at.
  • SP481
    SP481 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That works. Thanks very much for the suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.