Can I delete price history for a certain date in all my securities at once

Options
Pretty sure the answer is no. But it should be an option.

I know I can go into each individual security and delete the history for a certain date - but I'd like to do it for all of my securities at once.

The reason this is an issue is sometimes quicken decides to download an invalid price for a day the market was closed. For example the market was closed last Friday (2 Apr 2021). Several (but not all) of my securities have price data loaded for 2 April which happens to be the price that the market closed at for the next valid trading day (5 April). I have a portfolio view that is sorted my %price change - and when this invalid data is loaded it shows zero change for actual trading day.

The better fix would be to have Quicken not download faulty price history for a day the market wasn't even open. But I believe the data pull is outsourced so that may not be an option. The problem with going in to each individual stock (besides that fact that it takes a lot of time to individually change the 30+ securities that are affected this time) - is that if I do another update - it downloads the bad data again!

Answers

• scott.k.kauffman
    Options
    I noticed the same issue with prices for April 2, 2021. Looking for a solution too.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @Aeowyn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Quicken does not currently offer the ability to delete Price History from multiple securities at once.

However, if you wish to submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.