US Bank QFX file download updates one Quicken account but not a second one

US Bank QFX download file connects to, opens, and updates Windows Quicken 10 home for credit card account transactions as usual. In same bank connection when I then download my second account (checking) the QFX file for that account downloads to Windows 10 machine but does not open corresponding (checking) account in Quicken as it usually does. This started happening two days ago. The checking account file shows up on my "download" file on my Windows 10 (home) machine and is larger than a "null" file so I surmise that it has data (transactions posted in the file); However when I try to open the file from the "download" location, it again will not post or open the Quicken (checking) account file. I have not changed the name of the checking account or any other Quicken account information. Any help appreciated.

Quicken Deluxe 10 Home, version R32.10, build 27.1.32.10
Windows 10 up tp date
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What download method are you using with USB (and, BTW, I bank with them also).
    Do TOOLS, Account List and look  in the "Transaction Download"  column,  adjacent to  the USB accounts for this info.
    OR, are you initiating the downloads yourself, from USB's website.
    Next,  do you have "Automatically Add  to banking registers" turned on?   EDIT, Preferences, Downloaded Transactions, and then there's a check box at the top of the dialog.  UNCHECK either/both, if checked.
    Lastly,  those files are text (a bit convoluted text, but text never the less).  So you can  open them with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word) and see what was actually downloaded.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Next,  do you have "Automatically Add  to banking registers" turned on?   EDIT, Preferences, Downloaded Transactions, and then there's a check box at the top of the dialog.  UNCHECK either/both, if checked.

If fail to see what this has to do with anything.  The transactions aren't showing up whether that is the register or the Downloaded Transactions tab isn't the point.

Richard2205 There are two possible reasons why transaction might not show up in your account after importing a QFX file.  One is that you previously imported them (even if you deleted them), Quicken remembers the unique Ids that have been imported and will not import them into the same account twice.  The other reason would be that in fact the transactions aren't in the QFX file.  And like @NotACPA said you can edit it with a text editor and see.
    A transaction looks like this:
    <STMTTRN><TRNTYPE>CREDIT<DTPOSTED>20110110120000[0:GMT]<TRNAMT>835.00<FITID>201101100<NAME>DEPOSIT  ID NUMBER 379851</STMTTRN>
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Richard2205
    Richard2205 Member
    Thank you both (NotACPA and Chris_QPW) for your suggestions and observations. I checked out the preference settings and everything checked out OK-no changes made. However, the issue is resolved and the checking account manual download (yes I use the manual USB web download feature) is working this morning without a hitch. I believe the "fix" is the result of a Quicken update which I loaded this morning-build 27.1.32.12-then tried the USB manual download and VOILA it worked. Must have been a Quicken error fix.
This discussion has been closed.