Can you link a bank account and have it start downloading at a certain date?

I'd like to start 2021 Q2 with downloading my transactions from PNC (as I already do from most of my credit cards) rather than entering manually. My balance at the end of March in Quicken was right on with my bank. Is there a way to say start downloading transactions starting on April 1st? I did a manual back-up and link this AM and matched transactions from March and a few stray from Jan & Feb to avoid duplicates and my account balance was still way off. Just wondering if there is a way to say only start downloading from a certain date or if I can do the account link and just disregard all transactions prior to April 1st?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    There is not. Your only option is to download what is presented and carefully delete those transactions that are duplicated (not wanted).

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    There is not. Your only option is to download what is presented and carefully delete those transactions that are duplicated (not wanted).
  • WOW that's unfortunate... When you mean "delete" is that from the downloaded transaction list, or from the actual ledger?

It's unfortunately that the match process for transactions already in the ledger with Clear or Reconsidered status is not quicker. Would be nice to have a search like functionality such as the actual ledger has in the Match window.

I don't think I have the time to go through hundreds of transactions.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    You can delete from both download transactions and the register. In your case it would be best to accept all transactions and from the register options, select (add) the Download posting date. You can then sort by this column and delete the unwanted transactions in mass using standard Windows selection. Remember to resort by Date when completed.

• > @GeoffG said:
    > There is not. Your only option is to download what is presented and carefully delete those transactions that are duplicated (not wanted).

I wish they had a more efficient way to delete from the Downloaded Transactions list. The only mass way I have found is to go to the bottom of the list and highlight the bottom item and do Shift+Page Up (shift + Page Down doesn't work from the top for some reason). Still takes me minutes to delete a hundred this way. May it's because I don't have a top of the line PC, but never knew I would need one for banking software!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Before they put in the deleting of multiple transactions from the Downloaded Transactions tab (which is very recent), the answer would have been accepting all the transactions into the register, sort by Order Entered, so that they are grouped together, and use the multiple select of the register to select and delete the transactions.  And then put the sort order back to what you had before (most likely just clicking on the Date column header).

For me since I use automatic transaction entry mode instead of the Downloaded Transactions tab they would already be in my register with a status of New.  So all I would do is sort by the Status column (blue dot in the column header) and that would group the New transactions together so I could select and delete them.   And then select the Date column header to get my normal sorting back.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/