Why will BBVA not accept Quicken bill pay instructions for Home Depot Credit Services ?

Options
I use Direct Connect (bank bill pay).  I recently added a new payee, Home Depot Credit Services, which is a Citibank card.  When I try to make an online payment to Home Depot using Direct Connect / Bank Bill Pay, in the register I get either "waiting" or "send".  I have spent a couple hours on the phone with both BBVA and Quicken help.  BBVA says everything is ok with my online bill pay on their end.  Quicken help was not able to identify the problem.  FYI, I did make the online payment successfully via my online account on the BBVA website.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Jim Cheyne

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is.  To start off here is this the only biller that you're experiencing issues with when you send a bill? You're using direct connect bill pay so there's not much we can check on our end but is this the first time you've had issue with this specific biller? I would double check the online payees to see if it's listed properly inside of Quicken. You can do so by going across the top to tools > online payee list. 

Once you've had a chance to double check let us know if you're able to find anything. Also if you have an additional details about when this has happened with any other billers/times let us know as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jim Cheyne
    Jim Cheyne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Francisco. I have had no problems with other bill pay payees and use it several times each month. The one I'm having trouble with is a brand new payee. I'm not an expert but I do think that the problem is something in the way it's listed but Quicken phone help couldn't find the problem. I have not used any other bill pay accounts since having this problem but I will as soon as I have something due to pay.
This discussion has been closed.