How to see "memo" in the Bills section before paying?

Are there any options to add "memo" or "tags" so I can see the additional details for the bill....before paying it. Only the following headers are visible - status, payee, due date, amount, attachment, type and actions. I have to click and "edit all instances" in order to see the memo.
It does not make sense, that I have an option to input the memo when creating the bill, but cannot see it before it is paid.
Thank you!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which view in Quicken are you using?
    The Home tab's Bill & Income reminders view does not show a Memo, but when you select to pay a reminder, the popup confirmation dialog has the Memo field and you can view and change it there, as needed.
    The Bills & Income tab's Bills Income and Transfers view can optionally show the Memo field. Click the gear icon to turn on the option.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Alternatively, you can switch to the transaction register for the account, where you can have the Memo column visible. (Yes, it's annoying the Memo column isn't available on the Bills & Income screen; this is merely a workaround -- but I find it's pretty quick to switch to the register and back to Bills & Income when I need to.)

@UKR  Just noting this is a Quicken Mac question, so there is no "Bills Income and Transfers" view. For some reason, the developers didn't make the Memo column an option users can turn on in Quicken Mac's Bills & Income screens. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chevybass
    Chevybass Member ✭✭
    Thanks @UKR, but I am using Quicken for Mac, so that does not apply as I do not have a pop up confirmation window.

Thank you @jacobs - the down side is that I must mark it as paid first and then switch to the register to see the memo. I will submit to the the developers to add the memo....how hard can that be??
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Chevybass You don't have to mark it paid to switch and see it in the register; you just have to set the register to show some future transaction. In the upper right of the register, under the Search box, there's a little click icon; click on the arrow next to the icon and select Next One or Next 30 Days. The unpaid scheduled transactions will appear in gray text, with a clock icon in the Status column.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chevybass
    Chevybass Member ✭✭
    @jacobs You're brilliant...this just may work for me!
    I will have to turn it on for multiple accounts, but that should be fine.
    Thank you so much!!
This discussion has been closed.