Newbie questions plus credit card syncing issues

Options
Hello,
I'm new to quicken. I'm not finding quicken terribly intuitive. I think i need to understand how the budgeting tool works. I'm surprised that I can't find a quicken tutorial on YouTube that isn't basically an ad. Seems like a missed opportunity. Can anyone recommend a decent tutorial they have had success with?

My other issue is less with quicken and more with a financial institution. I have a credit union credit card, and they do not allow syncing via quicken. I use this card for almost everything and then pay it off each month. There are far too many transactions for it to be practical to put in manually. Since a large percentage of my outflows are on this card, its undermining the value i get out of quicken. Is there an alternative way to import transactions or is switching cards the only real way to deal with this? I have quicken premier for windows if that information is needed.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DarthVogel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your questions although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

Are you encountering any specific issues while setting up the budget or just getting started? 
    For help getting started, I would recommend reviewing the article hereYou can also view the video here

As for adding your credit union, can you please provide their name? This will help to verify the connection methods that may be available. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DarthVogel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your questions although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

Are you encountering any specific issues while setting up the budget or just getting started? 
    For help getting started, I would recommend reviewing the article hereYou can also view the video here

As for adding your credit union, can you please provide their name? This will help to verify the connection methods that may be available. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • DarthVogel
    DarthVogel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

Thank you for your response. I will watch that video in detail this weekend. As far as the credit card account, it is with Texans Credit Union. Let me know if i can provide more information.

Thank You,
    DV
This discussion has been closed.