How to stop scheduled bank pay transactions from showing up in register?

Having future bank pay transactions show up in register and reducing the cash balance distorts current account balance in all other reports. Reducing the cash balance without adding related income totally distorts current cash status reports and makes them useless. How do I keep these scheduled payments from showing up in the register or at least not have them change the account current balance?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Right click the words "All Transactions" above the account bar and check "Show Current balance ... "
    Next, what do your mean by "Bank Pay".
    And, the "Show reminders" option is account by account, not global, so you need to set it to "Don't show" in each account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if those are FUTURE transactions, how can they be messing up your CURRENT balance?
    And, to turn  those notices off, click the CLOCK icon that's above your right slider bar and pick the setting that you desire.

• WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    NotACPA - The balance of the account that shows in the listing of account balances that I have on the left side of my screen shows the last balance in the account - AFTER deducting the future scheduled payments so I cannot use those account balances either to just scan for a quick look or as part of a report because it is not the current balance that is used, it is that useless future balance.
    I followed your instructions and when I looked at the 'Reminders' drop down box, "Don't show reminders" was already checked but they still show up in the register. Is this because they are 'Bank Pay'?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Right click the words "All Transactions" above the account bar and check "Show Current balance ... "
    Next, what do your mean by "Bank Pay".
    And, the "Show reminders" option is account by account, not global, so you need to set it to "Don't show" in each account.

• WeeWillie
    WeeWillie Member
    THANKS! I knew it had to be in there someplace, just didn't know where.
    By "Bank Pay", I just meant payments initiated by the bank rather than by Q.
    Thanks again - something small but has been aggravating this old 'bean counter'
This discussion has been closed.