How do I restart stock price updates?

Quicken stopped updating my stock prices on 7/13/2020 at 4:39 pm. The only updates now are when I post transactions. How can I get my stock prices to update again?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brent1980
    Brent1980 Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, I found out Quicken for Windows had not prompted me to update to the latest version. After installing the current version, R 32.12, my security prices updated again. Thank you so much @UKR!!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I would pull up the Security List (under the Tools menu).  Make sure all stocks that you want stock quotes downloaded for are checked.  Also, if there are stocks that you want to get prices for that you do not have any holdings of, make sure that the Watchlist box is also checked.
    Then go to One Step Update Settings and make sure the box is checked for Download quotes and investments information and then click Apply.
    Then run OSU and see if the stock prices downloaded.
    If they did and you want to make sure all pricing history gaps are closed you can go to Security List > click on any security > More > Download historical prices > select the time period you want prices for (the default is 5 years) > Mark All > Update Now.
    Did this resolve your issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

Quicken will not download anything, no transactions, no quotes, if your subscription is expired.
  • Brent1980
    Brent1980 Member
    All the securities I want pricing for are properly selected in the Security List. I am using Quicken Deluxe release R5.20. My subscription is paid through March 2022. Still no new prices.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brent1980 - Is the box in OSU Settings for Download quotes and investments information  checked?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Brent1980 said:
    All the securities I want pricing for are properly selected in the Security List. I am using Quicken Deluxe release R5.20. My subscription is paid through March 2022. Still no new prices.
    I'm not familiar with the release number you stated above.
    Are you using Quicken for Windows (where the most recent release number should be R 32.12)
    or are you using Quicken for Mac (where the most recent release number should R 6.11 or so)?
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
  • Brent1980
    Brent1980 Member
    Answer ✓
    Well, I found out Quicken for Windows had not prompted me to update to the latest version. After installing the current version, R 32.12, my security prices updated again. Thank you so much @UKR!!
This discussion has been closed.