How to keep all old brokerage data, but add new brokerage account.

Howdy
Howdy Member
How remove Quicken accounts to backup?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Howdy
    Howdy Member
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Francisco,
    Many thanks for your help. First, saving of old investment accounts method worked.
    Then, downloading new brokerage data to Quicken eventually worked. Your "add an online account" says click "+ icon" top right of Account Bar was not on my Quicken Premier. Eventually found in Tools the Add an Account instead. The steps to download brokerage account to Quicken worked after brokerage tech changed a setting to allow it to happen.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The backup is all or none, since it is just backing up your data file, which has all of your accounts in it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Howdy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Could we get more clarification about what you're trying to do. Do you want to remove accounts from your backups? If so that is not possible if your primary file has the account because the backup takes all information from your file.  

If this isn't the case could you clarify a bit more so we're able to see what we can do to fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Howdy
    Howdy Member
    Quicken Francisco.
    I have many years of Quicken stocks and expenses data. Just changed stock brokerage house.
    1. Want to save past stock data where I had manually entered all transactions as Quicken did not support this brokerage. Do not want old stock data value in current assets total.
    2. As second step want to download all new brokerage data and have them auto update new transactions. New brokerage is supported by Quicken and seems to have all old transaction data in detail including basis of stocks.
    How best do all this?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Howdy

Thanks for the update. To start off here if you'd like to hide or separate the account from your file you can do so by going across the top to tools > manage hidden accounts. From here you can choose to keep it separate. I would recommend choosing all 3 options. to keep it separate from the rest of your active accounts.

Second you should be able to activate your new account with Quicken by adding it as a new account. I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know if this works for you. If not let us know what's happening and we'll look again.

Thanks.
    Quicken Francisco
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Howdy said:  I have many years of Quicken stocks and expenses data. Just changed stock brokerage house.
    1. Want to save past stock data where I had manually entered all transactions as Quicken did not support this brokerage. Do not want old stock data value in current assets total.
    2. As second step want to download all new brokerage data and have them auto update new transactions. New brokerage is supported by Quicken and seems to have all old transaction data in detail including basis of stocks.
    Well - thanks for explaining the cryptic topic title .....  How remove Quicken accounts to backup?
    Also - what happened to all your old stock & investments at the old brokerage ?
    Were they transferred to your new brokerage company ?
    Quicken usually is used to mirror your real world physical account activity - so whatever happened in the real world, can be made to look the same within Quicken.... you just have to share the facts -
    [EDIT] updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Howdy
    Howdy Member
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Francisco,
    Many thanks for your help. First, saving of old investment accounts method worked.
    Then, downloading new brokerage data to Quicken eventually worked. Your "add an online account" says click "+ icon" top right of Account Bar was not on my Quicken Premier. Eventually found in Tools the Add an Account instead. The steps to download brokerage account to Quicken worked after brokerage tech changed a setting to allow it to happen.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited April 2021
    @Howdy

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to get your register updated and sorted. If you do run into any other issues please let us know so we can take any further look!

Thanks.
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.