I have had nothing but trouble with Quicken for the last several months! About fed up!!!!

Joe Carey
Joe Carey Member ✭✭
I am unable to get two different accounts to download. Deleted both and tried to start over and still can't get it to connect to web site. Nothing wrong with my pass words and go directly to sites with no problem. I am fed up and about ready to ditch this joke!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MUCH more info needed in order to provide any help.
    What Q product are your running, what BUILD of that product, and what's your "Membership Valid thru" date?  This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Next, what type of accounts are these, have you ever been able to download them and what Financial Institution holds them.  This last piece of info can be found in the "Financial Institutions" column of TOOLS, Account List.
    Also on the account list, what shows in the "Transactions Download" column for each of these accounts.
    Finally, what error messages, or codes, do you get when you try to download into these 2 accounts?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Joe Carey
    Joe Carey Member ✭✭
    1. Quicken 10 Primier
    2. Build 27.1.32.12
    3. Valid thru 2/2/22

Amazon Store Card that I have been downloading for at for at least 5 years
    CIti Bank Costco card that I have been downloading for 2 years.

I have been running and fixing Quicken screw ups for over 10 years. Every time they do a new update it is screwed up royally. I am also running Personal Capital which I never have a problem with so kind wondering why I keep paying Quicken to fix their problems.
  • Joe Carey
    Joe Carey Member ✭✭
    I am receiving a CC-501 error on both of the above accounts.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
    Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Carey said:
    1. Quicken 10 Primier
    2. Build 27.1.32.12
    3. Valid thru 2/2/22

Amazon Store Card that I have been downloading for at for at least 5 years
    CIti Bank Costco card that I have been downloading for 2 years.

I have been running and fixing Quicken screw ups for over 10 years. Every time they do a new update it is screwed up royally. I am also running Personal Capital which I never have a problem with so kind wondering why I keep paying Quicken to fix their problems.

For Citi Bank you should have received a notification quite some time ago that you need to set up "Third Party access", to allow Quicken to be registered as an authorized user.
    Logon to your Costco card account at the Citi website, navigate to Profile / More Settings / Manage Desktop Apps and follow instructions to add Quicken.
    In Quicken, you should also change the Financial Institution Name to "Citi Cards". This will give you Direct Connect downloading instead of Express Web Connect.
    I do not know about the Amazon card and which bank is sponsoring it, but a similar process may apply there, too.
This discussion has been closed.