is there a quicken program that shows loan transactions

Options
i currently use Quicken Deluxe that allows for loans but there are not transactions or a ledger. is there a Quicken program that allows for transactions to be seen? Years ago i had a Quicken program that showed transactions in a loan.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken does maintain a register for a manual loan, i.e., a loan Account this isn't set up to have all its information pushed to it by the lender or servicer.  In the case of a downloading loan - the Account is receiving its information from the lender or servicer - you have no access to the loan register.  It sounds to me that when you set up the loan you chose to connect the loan to the associated financial institution. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a note in my records that there may be an easier way to solve this ...
    "Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category."