Certain Payees Not Showing Up In Reports

Brad95X
Brad95X Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Trying to create an expense report and one particular payee's transactions do not appear in the expense report even though the transactions appear in the register and are categorized correctly. Can a payee be designated as invisible? How do I make this payee's transactions appear in the expense reports again?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you reusing a Saved Report that has been customized to include only a select list of Payee Names?
    If so, have you accessed the report's customization menu and reviewed the Payee selection list, to add the missing payee?
    Have you also made sure that the account register which contains these transactions is included in the report customization?
    After making changes, have you remembered to save the customized report, replacing the old saved report?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT "Issue is resolved"??? 
    This should have been posted in the appropriate thread ... not as a new Discussion.  But since none of the discussions that you've originated appear to be about Reports (which is the tag that you applied to this discussion), your post makes no sense.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    I have tried to close this discussion but I can’t figure out how to.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem: You edited and removed the text and title of the original contribution. That makes it unusable because now nobody knows what your original question was and what my answer referred to.
    You should just simply have posted an additional comment to declare the problem solved. A moderator will eventually mark it closed.
    The Community software does not offer regular users a function to mark a discussion closed.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to close this discussion but I can’t figure out how to.
    As others have mentioned -
    DON'T change the topic title to something useless.....
    as now other readers have no idea what the problem was,
    how it was resolved,
    and if it might pertain to their similar situation.... 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Hello All,

I have restored the post to its original title and content.

@Brad1195062 Thank you for letting us know you were able to resolve this issue. 

We do leave discussions open for some time after posting (even if the issue was resolved for the OP) in case other users, who are experiencing a similar issue and are looking for a solution, wish to add to the discussion. If you are willing, please feel free to share the solution that worked for you as it could help other users who may be experiencing the same or a similar issue. 

Moderators will eventually close this discussion after ample time has passed. 
    Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have restored the post to its original title and content.
    >
    > @Brad1195062 Thank you for letting us know you were able to resolve this issue. 
    >
    > We do leave discussions open for some time after posting (even if the issue was resolved for the OP) in case other users, who are experiencing a similar issue and are looking for a solution, wish to add to the discussion. If you are willing, please feel free to share the solution that worked for you as it could help other users who may be experiencing the same or a similar issue. 
    >
    > Moderators will eventually close this discussion after ample time has passed. 
    > Thank you!

Thank you to all that replied. The issue ended up not being specific to a payee at all, I discovered that a few of my business subcategories were assigned to an incorrect category group. In this case I simply opened the category list from the tools menu, and looked at all of my business related categories.. most showed to be assigned to the "business" group, but a few were assigned to the "personal expenses" group, I simply changed those few to the business group by clicking edit on the category and then selecting "business" group in the dialog box, then save in the dialog box.
This discussion has been closed.