I click on something and all my blue dots went away is there a back up feature ?

Well I am new to Quicken and I was reconciling my visa entries and updating catagories etc. I was keeping track with the blue dots in the first colume and whoops I accidently cleared them. Is there a back up option?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Just to so you know, "Undo accept all transactions" will not reverse the "Mark all transactions as reviewed".

Quicken Windows has a different "history" than Quicken Mac and doesn't have the same nice undo's that the new Quicken Mac has.

To explain what "Undo accept all transactions" does I have to start with the fact that Quicken has two different modes for "reviewing/accepting" transactions.  The newer method is "automatic add to ..." (add to register), which is what you are using and is the default for new users, and the only mode on Quicken Mac. The other mode is what happens with turn these off:

Here is an example with it off:
    Red flags instead of blue dots:

And at the bottom of the register this "Downloaded Transactions" tab:

Notice the Accept All button.  This is what that undo is for.  If a person hits Accept All it puts all the transactions into the register sort of like the automatic entry mode except there will be no status "New".  That undo it referring to only this one operation.

Note the more "approved" method of using this mode is to click on each transaction, and will show it in the register like this:

You will notice that between the two last screenshots that you can't tell what category is going to be assigned until after you click on it in the Downloaded Transactions tab.  So I find this method more "cumbersome" than dealing with them in the register with automatic entry mode, but a lot of long time users feel this is the better mode.

Unfortunately Quicken Windows has very few "undo" features.  You might even say that basically the only "real undo" it has is restore from a back up or copy.

Another thing that hinders this is that because the long time user's prefer the other mode they don't use it or test it, and as such feedback on the automatic entry mode from them is mostly "turn it off" instead of pushing Quicken Inc to enhance it with features like allowing undo a Mark all reviewed.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • homeiscool2
    homeiscool2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Undo would be a great feature for me

Answers

• homeiscool2
    homeiscool2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you

Yes I am windows user.

Yes that is what I did, "Mark all transactions as reviewed".

I see my back up is previous time date to my miscue.

I do see a Edit > transactions > undo accept all transactions

I will try and back up as needed as I progress to add more accounts

Thanks your help is greatly appreciated.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Just to so you know, "Undo accept all transactions" will not reverse the "Mark all transactions as reviewed".

Quicken Windows has a different "history" than Quicken Mac and doesn't have the same nice undo's that the new Quicken Mac has.

To explain what "Undo accept all transactions" does I have to start with the fact that Quicken has two different modes for "reviewing/accepting" transactions.  The newer method is "automatic add to ..." (add to register), which is what you are using and is the default for new users, and the only mode on Quicken Mac. The other mode is what happens with turn these off:

Here is an example with it off:
    Red flags instead of blue dots:

And at the bottom of the register this "Downloaded Transactions" tab:

Notice the Accept All button.  This is what that undo is for.  If a person hits Accept All it puts all the transactions into the register sort of like the automatic entry mode except there will be no status "New".  That undo it referring to only this one operation.

Note the more "approved" method of using this mode is to click on each transaction, and will show it in the register like this:

You will notice that between the two last screenshots that you can't tell what category is going to be assigned until after you click on it in the Downloaded Transactions tab.  So I find this method more "cumbersome" than dealing with them in the register with automatic entry mode, but a lot of long time users feel this is the better mode.

Unfortunately Quicken Windows has very few "undo" features.  You might even say that basically the only "real undo" it has is restore from a back up or copy.

Another thing that hinders this is that because the long time user's prefer the other mode they don't use it or test it, and as such feedback on the automatic entry mode from them is mostly "turn it off" instead of pushing Quicken Inc to enhance it with features like allowing undo a Mark all reviewed.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • homeiscool2
    homeiscool2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Undo would be a great feature for me
This discussion has been closed.