One Step Update after a 4 month break from the subscription plan?

Hi All,

I took a 4 month hiatus from the Quicken subscription and have been manually entering transactions, and reconciling the checking and credit card accounts. Now that I've renewed my membership, what will happen to the register when I perform a one step update? Will everything that wasn't downloaded for the past 4 months show up in the register as a duplicate entry?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    P.S. the method I posted above will work no matter if you are using automatic transaction entry mode or not.
    What's more if you are using automatic transaction entry mode instead of sorting by "Order Entered" the new transactions should be marked with New or New Matched in the Status column (the one with the blue dot).  If you don't see this text, make that column wider.  And you can sort on this column by just clicking on the column header.  That will put the transaction with the status New together and then you can select and delete them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DavidJ

So, before you restart your "downloading" of transactions, I would recommend that you make sure that your download preference settings are set properly, to avoid having duplicate transactions added to your registers.  You can do that by taking the following steps:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Select "Downloaded transactions";
    3) In the right hand panel - make sure that "Automatically add to banking registers" AND "Automatically add to investment transaction lists" are NOT checked.
    4) Then click "OK".

This will give you the ability to control the transactions that you want to accept and then delete the duplicates, etc.

On the question of how many months of transactions you'll be able to download, that is determined by the financial institutions and it can (and does) vary.  Most financial institutions will download the prior three months from the download date.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The answer is "most likely" they will show up as duplicates, or a least say about 3 months, it depends on what the financial institution sends.  Here is is a FAQ on how to deal with this situation.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7179327
    Signature:
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx, Chris

Yes, the option to add to the register & transaction lists are not checked, and I have done a backup.

Thanks for the link to the other thread Chris, that looks like it's what I'll end up needing. I'll give this a go after lunch.

David
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    P.S. the method I posted above will work no matter if you are using automatic transaction entry mode or not.
    What's more if you are using automatic transaction entry mode instead of sorting by "Order Entered" the new transactions should be marked with New or New Matched in the Status column (the one with the blue dot).  If you don't see this text, make that column wider.  And you can sort on this column by just clicking on the column header.  That will put the transaction with the status New together and then you can select and delete them.
    Signature:
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Member ✭✭
    Chris, it worked like a champ! SInce I already had the auto entry toggled off, all I needed was to add the zero-dollar entry, download, mark all as new and then sort & delete. It was the marking all as new then sorting by ordered entered that did the trick!

David
This discussion has been closed.