Bills and Income for USAA

Options
pbutler6
pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
I have converted my USAA connection for One Step Update to the 'USAA Federal Savings Bank - New' for both my USAA bank account and my USAA Visa. Since converting the OSU login, I have not been able to add my USAA Visa credit card account as a biller. The account is listed, but it is always waiting for the next bill.

How do I set up my USAA Visa as a biller when I am using the USAA New connection method for OSU?

Best Answer

• pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me.  Today I tried to reproduce the problem, but this time I was able to add USAA as a biller.  Please mark the case closed.

Thank you,

Peter

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @pbutler6

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  What error are you getting when trying to add USAA as a biller? Is this specifically the same time frame as when you switched over your connection method? Is the biller currently added? 

Once you've had a chance let me know some more details and we'll take a look to see what we're able to find out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me.  Today I tried to reproduce the problem, but this time I was able to add USAA as a biller.  Please mark the case closed.

Thank you,

Peter
  • pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Wait a minute.  Everything looked OK, but then I ran an OSU.  the USAA account suddenly 'Needs Attention.  When I try to fix it I must enter a login screen that requires an identification code.  No code is sent, so I can log in.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @pbutler6

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" does this return any message or correct the bill?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I figured it out (but it's a little weird).  Validating the biller did not work.  I discovered that the account number for the 'USAA Federal Saving Bank - New' credit card is not the number on my credit card.  I changed the number to the number on the card.

I then retried to fix the credit card account by entering the regular online ID and password (not the special 'USAA-New' ID and PIN).  This time I received a text message with a code on my mobile phone and was able to set up the account.  The account was still flagged because it was waiting for a new bill.

When I ran OSU, the credit card account failed to update because the account number was not recognized.  I then reset the account.  When I entered the 'USAA - New' log-in, the account was reset from the credit card number to the former account number.  However, the biller error message went away.  Everything is working.  The account is updated with OSU with the special ID and PIN and the biller is updated with the normal online login.

As I said, weird.
This discussion has been closed.