bagent file must have corrupted

Roy Van Brunt
Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
It says the password for the vault does not match. But I haven't changed it, and using the password allows the update while Quicken is open. English translation = the overnight scheduled backup does not run. I tried deleting the file, but Quicken wont allow it, saying it's open in Quicken background. Help?

[Edited for readability]

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HUH ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Uh-huh!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your issue. What is the name of the bank that the password is no longer working for?

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?

1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

Please let us know!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    I think you misunderstand the problem. Manually updating works fpor evert account. Its the Scheduled Overnight Update that will not recognize the valid Vault Password, so will not run
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if these steps help to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I did everything you suggested. Twice in fact. The accounts go thru a manually requested update. Every time. No scheduled update works using the scheduling request because (although it has worked nightly for 10+ years and no vault password has changed), bagent responds that the password does not agree with the saved password (despite the fact that it does and always has.

How do I clean out the bagent and/or find out what password it thinks it match?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roy Van Brunt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are still experiencing this trouble.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly by phone on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.