Why is it taking 4 minutes to update account

What can I do to update account faster?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ncbowlin

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Does this slowness seem to be related to a specific financial institution or is it all of your financial institution when running a One-step Update? How long have you been experiencing this issue?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ncbowlin
    ncbowlin Member
    I only have one financial institution and this started within the last week.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ncbowlin said:
    I only have one financial institution and this started within the last week.

What is the name of this bank? (So we can check if there are known issues)
    How many accounts are enabled for downloading?
    Do you download transactions every day and how many new transactions do you typically have per day?
    Do you use One Step Update or do you download a QFX file from the bank's website and import it into Quicken?
  • ncbowlin
    ncbowlin Member
    Name of Bank: HomeTrust Bank, Clyde, NC
    One account
    Download transactions every morning - maybe 3-4 transactions
    I do use one step update.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems