LPL Financial - Express Web Connection

I've been trying to setup my LPL Accounts in Quicken using Express Web Connect. I'm still getting the CC-501 error like so many others on this forum. Has anyone been successful in setting up LPL, or is this a dead end road? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @HBDave .  Are your LPL accounts investment or retirement accounts?  If so, Direct Connect is needed to be able to download that data and per the FIDIR list LPL does not offer Direct Connect connections.  Perhaps LPL has other types of accounts that can be downloaded with Express Web Connect but investment/retirement accounts cannot be downloaded with this connection method.
    You might be able to do manual downloads and imports from LPL if LPL allows you to download in QIF, CSV or Excel format.  Then you could try using a freeware program (http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/) to convert the file so it can be imported into Quicken.  (This program was developed by a guy who is a longtime Quicken user and who is one of the more prolific contributors in this Community forum.  I have not used the program myself but many who have used it say it is pretty easy to use and it works well.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @HBDave .  Are your LPL accounts investment or retirement accounts?  If so, Direct Connect is needed to be able to download that data and per the FIDIR list LPL does not offer Direct Connect connections.  Perhaps LPL has other types of accounts that can be downloaded with Express Web Connect but investment/retirement accounts cannot be downloaded with this connection method.
    You might be able to do manual downloads and imports from LPL if LPL allows you to download in QIF, CSV or Excel format.  Then you could try using a freeware program (http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/) to convert the file so it can be imported into Quicken.  (This program was developed by a guy who is a longtime Quicken user and who is one of the more prolific contributors in this Community forum.  I have not used the program myself but many who have used it say it is pretty easy to use and it works well.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)