In my portofolio report is a position called "other"

Options
crc42850
crc42850 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
In my portofolio report is a position called "other" with a cash balance that changes every so often. I cannot tell where this is coming from and the only account I have with a cash balance is a brokerage MM. How do I find what this is attached to

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your portfolio view is grouped by security type and Quicken classifies Cash as Other.

If you group by Accounts you should be able to see where the cash is located.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi crc42850
    Are you referring to the "other" as seen in the Portfolio Value screen below? 

If it is, you can place your cursor on the "other" circled in red and double click on it. That will reveal where the information is gathered from.
    If  not, try to upload a screen shot of what you are looking at. If necessary, grab and drag your screenshot into the reply.
    Let us know, 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By portfolio report I'm assuming you mean portfolio on the investing tab?  If so try grouping by account.  You can also go to the securities list for that view and uncheck:  no security, including cash to get rid of it. 

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Double post removed

• crc42850
    crc42850 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is in the portfolio report
  • crc42850
    crc42850 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did this also
  • crc42850
    crc42850 Member ✭✭
    Options
    this is whhere i am having issues this number appears All accounts cash are not reorting cash as u sugg ested
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I suggest you change the Group By box from security type to security as a way to locate where that amount is coming from.  It looks like you may have a security that does not include security type.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your portfolio view is grouped by security type and Quicken classifies Cash as Other.

If you group by Accounts you should be able to see where the cash is located.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • crc42850
    crc42850 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You
This discussion has been closed.