Scheduling payment entries "Bills & Income"

Under bills and income I use "Manage Manual Bills and Income" since this bill is not an on-line bill (charity).

I can enter the instructions and time(s) of the month for the entry to "Automatically be entered into my register". I post in the register 30 days out.

When the entry "posts" there is no entry in the "Check #" field indicating to me that the actual payment has not been scheduled or sent yet.

My question is, does that entry update to "pay" reporting an assigned "check number" as it does when I manually enter a transaction to Pay with a check? Or do I have to manually "Send" it on the automatically entered date?

That specific entry cannot be modified such as selecting "Pay" in the Check # drop-down. I have to re-enter the transaction then delete the automatically entered one. Will it "automatically" update and Pay on the entered date?

I notice that "STATUS" in the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" screen indicates PAID...

~DaveR
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Robinson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have a few questions to help me better understand your issue.e

Are you looking to send a bill payment from Quicken or possibly print a check to mail out to the payee? If you are wanting to send a bill payment, which service are you using? Are you using the Quicken Bill Manager or bill pay through your bank?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I am using "Manage Manual Bills and Income" via "Quicken Bill Manager" to set up and post Manual bills to be processed with "Quick Pay/Check Pay". If I were to schedule a payment from the Register I would select Pay (Quick Pay/Check Pay), select my Payee, amount and pay date. When I "Update" that payment instruction would be transmitted to my institution, scheduled and return a "check number" which lets me know that the payment will be sent.

When I do this using the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" via "Quicken Bill Manager" , the payment is automatically entered into my register 30 days (my choice) before the pay date. However, that entry in the register does not contain the confirming check number. It is simply left blank. If I attempt to alter that entry such as to select "Pay (Quick Pay/Check Pay)" in the Check # column, it is not allowed.

The dilemma is that I can use "Manage Manual Bills and Income" via "Quicken Bill Manager" to post scheduled transactions but it does not complete the process... I have to delete the entry from the register and manually reenter it for it to be posted/sent.

The payee in this case is not a "Billing Payee" so it doesn't seem to work directly under the Bills and Income tab since it will not be able to confirm the payee like it does with my energy companies, etc.

The question is, will that scheduled entry be updated with my financial institution close to or on the scheduled date?

DaveR
    Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Robinson

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to better troubleshooting the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.