How to create budget

I've used Quicken for over 20 years (WINDOWS). I've had a budget in the past. I don't even have a clue as to how to build a new budget or revise a previous one.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/blog/creating-budget-quicken-windows
  • Terry Linthicum
    Terry Linthicum Member ✭✭
    Seems there is no planning tab as described in this blog : You will find Quicken’s budget features under the Planning tab. If you’ve never created a budget in Quicken before, there will be a handy Get Started button you can select to create your first budget. You can also create a new budget under the Budget tab by selecting Budget Actions > Create new budget. You can then follow the steps below to create your budget.
    This would be wonderful -IF ONLY

I can see my old budgets under spending but the HANDY DANDY process described in this blog would be great; AGAIN -if only
  • Terry Linthicum
    It's not like this either. Create a budget
    If you've been following along and setting up Quicken as you work through this guide, you now know where your money is going, and where you stand with your upcoming bills and income. Knowing these critical facts about your finances sets the stage for the next huge benefit of Quicken: keeping your spending in line with your income.

How does Quicken do it? A section on the Home tab makes it easy to see if you're coming in under your target or if you're going over budget.

Is this where I type LOL?
  • Terry Linthicum
    Answer ✓
    I found the problem: "Planning" wasn't checked in the VIEW section
This discussion has been closed.