Why do scheduled transactions disappear from register and [accounts] become disabled?

Quicken Bill pay is not reliable. I was told by online support that restoring a backed up file impacts my payment accounts enable status. Scheduled transactions not shown in Quicken register remain scheduled in online server, but not viewable or able to cancel.

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ron W

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. It is correct that restoring a backup will remove the verification from the payment accounts.

If you have recently restored a backup and have not re-enabled Quicken Bill Manager, I would do so first following the steps here.

Once this has been enabled or was already enabled, have you tried to delete the scheduled payment from the register? If you do not have the payments available in the register I would recommend validating and repairing the file. File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Ron W
    Ron W Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Tyka. I have re-enabled Quicken Bill Manager and am back to normal. I am disappointed with having to experience these glitches because I work between two computers and backup and restore regularly in order to keep data file current. Once a payment has been scheduled, there is no way to view, cancel, or track payments within a restored data file.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ron W

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. It is correct that restoring a backup will remove the verification from the payment accounts.

If you have recently restored a backup and have not re-enabled Quicken Bill Manager, I would do so first following the steps here.

Once this has been enabled or was already enabled, have you tried to delete the scheduled payment from the register? If you do not have the payments available in the register I would recommend validating and repairing the file. File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Ron W
    Ron W Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Tyka. I have re-enabled Quicken Bill Manager and am back to normal. I am disappointed with having to experience these glitches because I work between two computers and backup and restore regularly in order to keep data file current. Once a payment has been scheduled, there is no way to view, cancel, or track payments within a restored data file.
This discussion has been closed.