Bill/Transfer reminders incorrectly moving to register automatically.

Options
I have used Bill/Transfer reminders for years. I transfer money for specific bills each week in order to have the proper amount available at the end of the month. Recently, the reminders have been moving to the register automatically without any input from me. I have not changed any settings on them. I had one in particular that it was happening on. I removed that reminder because having a second transaction in the register was causing issues with downloading and matching recent transactions. This week all of a sudden, another payment/transfer is automatically posting in the register almost a week ahead of schedule.

I hope that made sense. It is causing some major headaches when trying to keep everything straight.

God Bless

Jason

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jhunter1993

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jhunter1993

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist. What type of bill is this happening to? Is this Income, Transfer for just ordinary bills?

Is this an online bill or a manual bill? What are current auto-enter settings or this bill?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • jhunter1993
    jhunter1993 Member
    Options
    This is happening on transfers. It is a weekly transfer that is supposed to happen every Friday. I used to have to click the button to enter the transaction into the register. I wanted it that way. I make the transfer manually on my banks website. These transfers happen between different banks. All of the settings I have been able to find show nothing should be automatic.

Jason
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jhunter1993

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.