Deleted Account Showing Up

I have a file with two accounts. For example account A and account B. I deleted account B from the file and renamed the file. Similarly, I deleted account A and renamed the file with a different name. Now when I open any of the renamed files, the deleted account with limited entries show up. Is it because they uhave the same vault password and the same bank with different accounts? How do I fix this? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well unfortunately because of the way Quicken now works you no longer can do what you are trying to do.

Every data file holds a unique Id that can't be changed.  Quicken now uses that unique Id to pair up with a "cloud data set", that is syncs with.

Any kind of "copy" is going to have the same unique Id, and as such both of those data files will have the same unique Id, and try to sync with the same "cloud data set".  This of course "confuses" the sync and one of the results would be just like you describe where it tries to sync information from the "cloud data set" back into that data file.

To keep them separate you have to create a new data file with: File -> New Quicken File.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    Sorry, if this a duplicate.
    I have a file with two accounts. For example account A and account B. I deleted account B from the file and renamed the file. Similarly, I deleted account A and renamed the file with a different name. Now when I open any of the renamed files, the deleted account with limited entries show up. Is it because they uhave the same vault password and the same bank with diffrent accounts? How do I fix this? Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well unfortunately because of the way Quicken now works you no longer can do what you are trying to do.

Every data file holds a unique Id that can't be changed.  Quicken now uses that unique Id to pair up with a "cloud data set", that is syncs with.

Any kind of "copy" is going to have the same unique Id, and as such both of those data files will have the same unique Id, and try to sync with the same "cloud data set".  This of course "confuses" the sync and one of the results would be just like you describe where it tries to sync information from the "cloud data set" back into that data file.

To keep them separate you have to create a new data file with: File -> New Quicken File.
    Signature:
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I will get with niece and see where we go from here. Hopefully, I have not messed both files since aeach time I open those individual files the deleted file shows up limited entries. Thanks for your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are dealing with a single account, consider creating a new data file and then just using a QIF export/import to get the transactions into that account.  With multiple accounts it gets trickier because of the transfers.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.