Bond Prices Not Updating In Quicken

Good morning, I'm using the latest version of Quicken on the Windows subscription and I can't seem to get the bond prices in my accounts to update unless I go in and do it manually. When I update prices there is a little clock symbol next to the bonds with a last date updated date showing weeks or months ago. Is there a way to have Quicken pull updated pricing based on CUSIP?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Is there a way to have Quicken pull updated pricing based on CUSIP?
    Not really.  First off the service that Quicken uses to get quotes are only for publicly traded securities, and ones that have ticker symbols.  For securities that don't match this criteria the second way Quicken gets prices is by downloading them from the broker with the transactions.   In this case the security is matched up with the CUSIP.  But of course the broker has to provide that information in what they send with the transactions.

It seems like your bonds fall into the second category, and that for some reason the broker isn't proving the prices in the information they send.

It might help to talk to Quicken Support so someone can look at the OFX log and see if the information is in fact there or not.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Is there a way to have Quicken pull updated pricing based on CUSIP?
    Not really.  First off the service that Quicken uses to get quotes are only for publicly traded securities, and ones that have ticker symbols.  For securities that don't match this criteria the second way Quicken gets prices is by downloading them from the broker with the transactions.   In this case the security is matched up with the CUSIP.  But of course the broker has to provide that information in what they send with the transactions.

It seems like your bonds fall into the second category, and that for some reason the broker isn't proving the prices in the information they send.

It might help to talk to Quicken Support so someone can look at the OFX log and see if the information is in fact there or not.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 949onthefly
    949onthefly Member
    Ok thanks for insight, the bonds are currently held at Schwab but I only download transactions every few weeks as there isn't much turnover.