Your last update to Q4Mac changed my dates in my register when I downloaded transactions

juice
juice Member
Prior to one of your updates, I would download transactions and when they were matched, they would retain the actual transaction date. Now, it changes to the downloaded date or cleared date. That is not helpful in the finance world. Using the posted dated doesn't help either. I may post transactions a day or two later than they occurred.

Transaction date is paramount to finances. This is especially true at year end.

I would appreciate it if you go back to the old way whereby downloads did not change the date, they retained the transaction date.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    First, just to let you know, you're not talking to the Quicken developers or Quicken Support here. This is a forum for fellow Quicken users to help each other, with sone help from the Quicken forum moderators.

Second, there is a setting in Preferences > Connected Services to specify whether you want Quicken to use the posted date for matched transactions, or to leave the dat you enter manually. If you uncheck that box, it will retain the date you enter manually.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • juice
    juice Member
    Thank you. I called tech support a couple months ago and they didn't know what you told me. I called tech support today and either could they. Today, they said to post it here. Thank you for your prompt reply.

Pretty surprising tech support didn't know something so simple.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, unfortunately sometimes the support representatives know only basics, or issues that exist in whatever diagnostic scripts they follow. And some of them know the product really well and are a great help. It's random luck whether you get the best, the worst, or somewhere in the middle. Quicken is a surprisingly complicated program, and it's hard to know everything about it. 

In any case, I'm glad I was able to help! 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.