Quicken 2017 for Mac Reconcile Function

Options
I can't reconcile now in Big Sur. Won't let me enter opening or closing balances. Any idea on the work-around? Thank you! richard

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Reconciliation has been changed in some ways since Quicken 2017, so I just want to confirm that you are using this older version, not the current subscription version, of Quicken Mac?

When you first click reconcile, do you land on a screen which asks "How do you want to reconcile your balance?"

Or do you land on a Reconcile screen like this:

If you're seeing the latter, click the Back button to get to the first screen. (Yes, the Back button appears to be grayed out. It's not. It's a stupid decision by the Quicken designers to use gray, the universal color of "not available" for an option which is indeed available.)

If this isn't the issue, please describe -- or better yet, include a screenshot of -- what you're encountering.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Richard2021
    Richard2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Here is a screen shot. It appears to be only doing this for my credit card account. I can change the date, but if entering a closing or opening balance it reverts to 0 upon leaving field.
  • jacobs
    Options
    Have you previously reconciled this account? What happens if you leave the starting balance zero, enter the end date and ending balance, and click Next -- can you correctly reconcile the account, or is something off?
  • Richard2021
    Richard2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to reconcile my checkbook--it will let me enter the figures this time, but the NEXT button is inoperative--I just get a beep.
  • Richard2021
    Richard2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, these accounts reconciled before the Big Sur upgrade this week. Been a user since I think 1991!
  • jacobs
    Options
    Since you just did an operating system upgrade, I'd suggest visiting System Preferences > Language and Region. What happens if you temporarily switch to United States, quit and re-launch Quicken, go to this reconcile screen, and enter the date and amount in US formats (e.g. 4/30/21 and 4280.58) -- does the Next button get you to the next screen or does it still just beep? (If it works set to US, now switch back to your previous region, quit and re-launch Quicken, and see if it works correctly or again fails.)
  • Richard2021
    Richard2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, holy moly Jacob! It worked! It took me so long as I have accounts in the US and in Portugal. Thank you very much 🙏
  • jacobs
    Options
    Excellent; I'm glad the issue is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.