Merrick Bank download freezes. Have to 'Reset' account every time

Any Merrick Bank users? This has been happening for 2 weeks or so. Last time I tried just setting up the account brand new and seeing if that fixed it, but it did not.

When I download transactions, it gets stuck in a loop and never downloads, never gives an error, just sits there. I have to force close Quicken.

If I go into account list, online services and then reset account, it asks my security questions, then prompts to link account to existing, then downloads transactions. But I shouldn't have to do this every time.

Anyone else having this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jasonpbyu

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To test if the issue is isolated to the data file or the program, I would create a test file and validate the test file to see if you experience the crashing.

A new file can be created by navigating to File > New Quicken File.

Once in the new file, please attempt to add Merrick bank and let me know the results as this will help determine the next best step.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Thanks . Appears in a test file it updates ok, so what do we do to fix ?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jasonpbyu

Thank you for the response and let me know the results of the test. I would return to the original data file and run the validate and repair utility.

This is located under File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    are you a quicken employee? Can i send the file to you? it says it repaired some transactions "ACCT_ad" says repaired 1 account. no read errors. all internal consistency passed. Some transactions linked to an account no longer in quicken.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jasonpbyu

Quicken employees are not able to collect customers files to repair them. We are able to troubleshoot and I'm wondering here if it might be freezing from the connection on the main file or from something else. In either case back on your main file we can try some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue you're having. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had a chance see if you're able to get the account updating properly. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.